Monday, May 4, 2009

A Family Update

I have failed miserably at my New Year's resolution to update this blog weekly. Ah, well, with moving and being a mom and not sleeping I guess I can't blame myself.

Our family is settling in to the house we moved into. It's a month to month lease so we really don't know how long we are going to stay so we still have a lot of boxes that will stay sealed. We hope that we will be able to buy a house relatively soon, but we have to save some more money.

Miriam has enjoyed having a yard and a playground in the back. Isaac likes having plenty of space to crawl and practicing walking. Both Miriam and Isaac get into everything, which makes it very difficult for me to keep things clean or organized.

One thing I have enjoyed lately is having a double jogging stroller and a nice long walking path close by. I take the kids for a jog several times a week and I get some fresh air and exercise. Mike has been trying to get me to go to a Krav Maga class with him for some exercise. I would love to, but that means finding a babysitter. Maybe I can get the Bishop's daughter to babysit for me this summer.

Mike is always busy at work. He really likes his job and we're really glad that he has a job. I still can't convince myself to like the Bay Area. Maybe if/when the economy recovers Mike will be able to find a job in an area I actually like.

Next week is Isaac's first birthday. It's hard to believe how fast kids grow. Isaac is walking and babbling. Miriam is learning her numbers, letters, colors, etc. Hopefully I can get some more pictures and videos up. Miriam says the funniest things and Isaac is just so active.

No comments: